Source: Joongang Ilbo via Naver
1. [+274, -29] They’re in the wrong~ they lacked consideration for another’s culture
2. [+63, -3] Their fans are their main cash sources, they should’ve been more careful
3. [+44, -5] Culture should be respected. In order for pop culture content to be exportable, it needs more attention to details
4. [+55, -21] When music videos are produced, you just need to admit that these clowns are nothing more than clowns and hire people with an actual education to look things through, tsk tsk
5. [+14, -0] I don’t really like Black Pink but I do think of this as a thoughtless mistake by the producer but it’s unfair for the NY Times to call this a lack of cultural respect or discrimination when they’re in no position to be saying that themselves
6. [+13, -0] No one complains about the Buddha or Jesus being in music videos, can’t believe they’re actually editing the music video
7. [+10, -0] I like the song and I like Black Pink but I don’t get why they always have to have Illuminati-like styles in their choreography and outfits
8. [+10, -0] K-Pop is now at the center attention of the world so it’s important that we show respect to other cultures. I’m sure what happened in the music video was a mistake and not an intention to ridicule or put down their culture. I hope Black Pink continues to release good music.
9. [+8, -1] I’m now learning that it can be disrespectful with just a statue of it being shown. It’s not like the music video ridiculed it or anything… but nothing can be said if the other party felt offense to it. We can only seek to understand and respect their feelings. YG is in the wrong for featuring another culture’s god without further research. I hope that next time, every prop that is featured in their music videos is done so after research. K-Pop is getting famous worldwide and a lot of eyes are on it so it’s time to be extra careful.
10. [+7, -2] A mistake born out of a lack of information and ignorance can be apologized for and fixed! As long as it isn’t born out of ill intentions! Let’s always remember to respect others! Black Pink fighting!