Source: Sports Kyunghyang via Nate
1. [+1,084, -333] They wanted to donate quietly without letting anyone know but people just wouldn’t leave them alone so they went ahead and revealed it. They’ve donated so much already in other quiet ways, I really have to ask how much the people complaining have donated themselves ㅡㅡ
2. [+909, -278] Amazing, I cheer for and support them
3. [+828, -273] That class..
4. [+123, -74] Such a difference in amount compared to their coronavirus donations… are Black American rights more important than Korea?
5. [+122, -62] They’re kissing up to America so hard ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ They never cared when Asians + Koreans were suffering from coronavirus or the Hong Kong protests ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+119, -106] Koreans don’t make them a lot of money so they only donated 100 million won for the coronavirus here while donating 1.2 billion won to America. Makes me question their choices.
7. [+106, -48] When they’ve stayed quiet when Asians were being beat from the coronavirus…
8. [+92, -32] This donation happened a few days ago already, just that articles didn’t go out about it. When articles of other celebrities donating got praise, people were hating on BTS for not donating anything, and now people are complaining that they aren’t donating enough to our own country. BTS has donated consistently in private to various charities in our country, amounting to hundreds of millions of won already. Please stop demanding BTS or celebrities to donate and then comparing their amounts to each other.
9. [+86, -35] I’m aware that they’ve donated a lot to the UNICEF as well, it’s amazing
10. [+85, -41] They’ve already donated hundreds of millions of won in Korea, it’s just that they and their fans prefer to keep it private. It’s really sad that some are still hating on them right now.
11. [+76, -37] So many comments from people who haven’t even donated a dime
12. [+69, -53] Why not donate to the Korean business owners who were looted?
13. [+66, -28] They donate endlessly every year, amazing!!
14. [+55, -26] Talk about scale, 1.2 billion won… that probably puts their donated total closer to 5 billion won now
15. [+51, -26] They deserve to spend more internationally considering all the acknowledgement they’ve been given. Just look at Korea… look at everyone trying to rip at the group and take them down. You should be grateful they even donate a couple hundred million here as well.