Article: [Exclusive] Mother loses daughter’s hand in the moment of being saved
Source: Joongang Ilbo via Nate
Mother and 28 year old daughter were trapped in their car in a basement street when it got flooded by heavy rainfall. The two had held hands but the mother remembers accidentally letting go when rescuers pulled her head above water to save her. The daughter was later discovered to have drowned. She is one of three deaths last night. It was her first visit home in a year after being hired at a famous medicine company in Seoul.
1. [+1,133, -8] May she rest in peace. Mother.. mother, it’s not your fault. Find strength.
2. [+898, -9] Hul, so unfortunate about the daughter. May she rest in peace. Mother, it isn’t your fault so please don’t blame yourself and find strength ㅠㅠ..
3. [+863, -8] Ah.. so unfortunate and upsetting. This mother will carry it in her heart for the rest of her life. MOther, this isn’t your fault. Please don’t blame yourself. Your daughter wouldn’t want that too. I’m sure she is somewhere warm and stress free.
4. [+80, -1] How could anyone blame the mother… Us human beings are so weak in the face of natural diaster.
5. [+55, -2] May she rest in peace. No words can console you but find strength.
6. [+38, -1] Ah, I’m tearing up because I’m the same age as her.. I don’t get to see my parents often so I’m sure she was visiting home with such an excited heart.. I hope she’s in a better place now.
7. [+38, -1] That mother will live the rest of her life looking at her hand…
8. [+30, -1] She only visits home once or twice a year and it had to be today… so unfortunate at such a young age ㅜㅠ