Source: Kyunghyang News via Nate
1. [+986, -13] It’s understandable that young children are finding all of this very scary and overwhelming. Imagine having medical staff in anti-contamination suits coming in to your school in huge groups and finding out that you have to be tested. How scary would that be as a young child? This is such a difficult and terrible 2020. Just hoping that this doesn’t continue on to next year.
2. [+711, -20] Sigh… how scared must that child feel. These poor children are suffering because of us adults.
3. [+20, -2] It breaks my heart to even see children wearing masks… because I know these masks won’t just be a memory of their childhoods ㅜ
4. [+20, -2] I’m in my forties and all of this is scary to me too… They stick something really long down your nose and I really thought I was going to get a double nose bleed. I had to get tested four times because I was in a location with confirmed cases. Each time, I was still scared ㅠ I can’t imagine how children must feel.. I feel so bad for them..
5. [+15, -3] The test really hurts… it does. I’m a medical staff so I have to get tested every time I feel symptoms ㅠㅠㅠㅠ so I totally know how these children feel. It makes me want to cry too.
6. [+10, -1] This is… probably the saddest corona-related picture I’ve seen all year ㅠㅠ
7. [+10, -0] Children are more aware of the dangers of corona and the importance of wearing a mask than some stupid adults. My four year old knows that she can’t leave the house without a mask and sticks her face at me before we leave.. I can’t imagine how it must feel as a child to learn that you have to get tested, especially now that you know the fears of the virus. I hope that all of this isn’t remembered as something traumatic and that they’re all able to mature into stable adults who can laugh about it later. Find strength, children!
8. [+10, -0] It’s already July 10th… time flies so fast…
9. [+9, -0] Breaks my heart ㅜㅜ at that age, even just going to the dentist will put them in tears…
10. [+8, -0] Children know more than you think… they know enough that the coronavirus is a super scary virus that is keeping them out of schools. Even the toughest child is probably scared in the face of testing ㅠㅠ When will this end… these uncertain, scary times. I feel bad for our children… They should be out playing in the fields but instead they’re stuck in one seat all day at school unless it’s to go to the bathroom ㅠㅠ wearing a mask all day long. I really do feel bad…