Source: Sports Kyunghyang via Nate
1. [+1,021, -55] Hyun Bin’s handsome, Son Ye Jin’s pretty, and the Japanese are always fussing over North Korea so of course the drama is popular over there
2. [+945, -62] Of course they’re going to like the drama since Japan doesn’t have as many traditionally handsome men like Hyun Bin
3. [+734, -52] I thought it was childish at first but after hearing about how it was all the craze around Asia, I gave it another chance and I really got into it from the middle part on. It’s fun ㅋ
4. [+49, -9] Congratulations~ it’s popular in the States as well
5. [+43, -5] I live in Japan and it really is popular over here ㅋㅋㅋ Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin’s looks just aren’t something realistic over here….
6. [+42, -12] Japan not only doesn’t have visuals like Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin but actors with their skill level as well. They’re going crazy for Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin. She already had a core fanbase in Japan with ‘Summer Scent’ and ‘A Moment to Remember’, both of which already hit daebak in Japan prior to this.
7. [+35, -3] With Korean-Japanese relations at an all time worst right now, you know that their interest in the drama isn’t fake when it’s still being mentioned on broadcast multiple times. I think if Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin were to ever visit Japan for drama promos, this could surpass ‘Winter Sonata’ in popularity.
8. [+34, -3] Well you’ve got handsome and beautiful co-stars with acting skills to back it up, of course the drama’s daebak
9. [+29, -6] The drama’s not as fun if you’re not familiar with North Korean dialects, though…?
10. [+28, -3] It’s a good drama. The actors really live up to the plot so it’s worth a watch.