Source: Joongang Ilbo via Naver
1. [+311, -11] Why is our government not saying anything about China claiming our hanbok as theirs?
2. [+70, -2] And yet China is currently claiming the hanbok as theirs ㅠㅠㅠ
3. [+58, -0] This designer must’ve watched ‘Kingdom’ on Netflix ㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+38, -0] Who are the people downvoting this article? The Chinese? Yes, Korea has received a lot of cultural influence from China but the hanbok was originally our export that the Yuan dynasty received when Koryeo was trendy. We are the original creators of the hanbok;;
5. [+29, -0] China lacks their own originality so they just steal everyone else’s ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+7, -0] Looks like a westernized grim reaper
7. [+7, -0] The ‘gat’ really is an impressive design. A lot of the male accessories from the Chosun are perfectly matched with all the clothing
8. [+1, -0] Seeing the ‘gat’ styled like this on models makes me think that it can actually be a unique accessory in modern times as well… I hope that it becomes more popular in the future
|Hanbok seen in Chinese drama ‘I’ve Fallen For You’|
Source: Yonhap News via Nate
1. [+220, -3] They’re claiming anything in the world as theirs, idiots. This is why they’re called cancer.
2. [+185, -10] Are they so jealous of our hanboks? The qipao does not look as elegant ㅋ but this isn’t something they can just claim and take. Bark all you want, no one will listen to you.
3. [+175, -3] They must really like the hanbok to want to claim it so bad. Please just know that we don’t like anything you guys make so we wouldn’t have copied it in the first place.
4. [+15, -1] This just shows how little brand power China has and how little confidence they have in their own culture that they’re trying to steal another country’s culture ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+7, -0] To all the Chinese celebrities promoting in our country~ what’s your opinion on this… and why are you even working in our country??!
|A Chinese game offered ‘hanbok’ dress items which caused Chinese users to claim them as Chinese, leading the game to eventually get rid of the items altogether.|
Source: Korea Ilbo via Naver
1. [+546, -8] It’s time to boycott Chinese products. If we don’t do this, we’re going to get the hanbok stolen from us.
2. [+350, -3] Please ban Chinese games in our country. Korean games are banned in China so why are we allowing Chinese gaming companies to make money in our country?? If China bans KakaoTalk and Line, we should be banning WeChat.
3. [+172, -0] Soon they’re going to be claiming Zeus as Chinese…
4. [+125, -3] Just like how kimonos and hanboks are different, the qipao is different from the hanbok
5. [+37, -0] They want everything to be theirs… but the only thing they own is the virus!!!