Source: Han via Naver
Article deep dives into the legacy Lee Soo Man and SM have built and speculates that BTS was born out his foundation.
1. [+1,037, -23] What a load of bullsh*t to start the morning with ㅋㅋㅋ Why not just go all the way back and say BTS would not have been successful without Dangun ㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+362, -11] Why is the article sounding as if Lee Soo Man created BTS and Bang Shi Hyuk stole it…
3. [+334, -15] Hul, trash journalism… why not say YG and JYP instead!! Why SM? They’re no different from Japan’s Johnny’s. If we never got any other companies to compete with them, I’m terrified to think of what could’ve happened! Just look at what SM’s been doing with their drama productions. Sticking in all their idols who can’t even act ㅜ pushing BTS out of year-end stages to push their groups who haven’t even earned anything all year long. We all know it.
4. [+268, -7] Such a long-winded way of saying bullsh*t
5. [+232, -15] If you want to write an article praising Lee Soo Man, then do so with his own groups 😡 Do not use BTS’ name and try to ride on their fame!!!! How are you not embarrassed~~~~~~ remove BTS’ name from this article immediately~~~~~
6. [+181, -3] Lee Soo Man has always publicly stated that there was no point in advancing to the US because they always had the Chinese market. BTS totally broke Lee Soo Man’s ideology and earned success in the States. So basically, BTS’ success has nothing to do with Lee Soo Man. If BTS had followed Lee Soo Man’s logic, they would’ve earned their success in China.
7. [+120, -2] What is this joke? SM should worry about their own groups. BTS is a group that SM could’ve never produced, and even if they had, could they have managed them? Lee Soo Man’s been a has been for years… enough’s enough. How many of your groups have abused drugs and commit suicide?
8. [+120, -4] ㅋㅋㅋㅋ What a joke ㅋㅋㅋ BTS’ success has not an ounce to do with Lee Soo Man. Please go educate yourself on the American pop market algorithm ㅜ unless the whole point of this article was to praise Lee Soo Man? ㅡㅡ While BTS was making their name known in the States, please ask any American how many SM artists they knew? Reality is that BTS paved the road in America, not K-Pop. There’s a reason it’s called BTS-pop.. sigh ㅜ
9. [+101, -1] If Lee Soo Man and SM had never existed, BTS would’ve become successful much earlier