If YG collapses it will be a huge blow to the Korean prostitution industry
When the first controversy over prostitution mediation broke out in 2019, reporters have uncovered various speculations behind Yang Hyun Suk being the initial prostitution mediator. However, as the ugly bare face of the ‘Burning Sun Scandal’ has been revealed for the past two years, all that remained was the dubious innocence of YG Entertainment’s former head Yang Hyun Suk and former Big Bang member Seungri’s evasion.
Reporter Lee Hwa Jin appeared on the YouTube channel ‘Comment-Reading Reporters’ two years ago to talk about the controversy.
During that time, she shared what she had discovered and started to unfold the speculations about the relationship between the Korean police department and Prosecutor’s Office with YG Entertainment. She explained that there are records of the police investigating and prosecutors taking the drug cases in relation to YG Entertainment artists, but there were no indictments/prosecutions made in various cases involving YG Entertainment.
According to reporter Lee Hwa Jin, she found out various information while covering and investigating the dark underground world. She claimed that the former Chairman of YG Entertainment was well known for treating his guests with women while drinking with his guests. While investigating this topic, she stated, “I found a way to meet with the godfather of the Korean prostitution industry. According to this godfather, Yang Hyun Suk is a ‘big hand’ of the Korean prostitution industry as he was a big spender on women when he was treating his guests.”
The reporter stated Yang Hyun Suk would spend thousands of millions of KRW (thousands of dollars) when treating his guests. She added, “Of course, we cannot say treating the guests entails prostitution because ‘Treating the guests’ starts from the moment these women are hired to serve drinks.” Then she concluded that Yang Hyun Suk resigning from the Chairman position could cause a huge impact on the prostitution industry in Korea. cr
original post: theqoo
1. Let’s boycott YG
2. I really wish the artists in YG leave the company
3. I really liked AKMU, but I was really disappointed to see that their contract was renewed even after the scandal happened
4. Please leave YG as soon as your contract expires, if you are a singer with a good brain
5. Wow YG, I’m so glad Lee Hi left the company because after this incident it was so hard for me to listen to YG artists’ songs
6. I want to boycott YG, sorry BLACKPINK
7. Seungri definitely learned that from Yang Hyun Suk
8. I think YG will continue to do well as long as Teddy is there
9. YG’s singers and actors themselves don’t know such things…? I’m really curious
10. That’s why I don’t listen to YG’s songs