IBK estimated the core fandoms of domestic entertainment companies BIG4, SM, YG, JYP, and Hybe. As a result, Hybee took the overwhelming first place with 1.6 million people, followed by SM (760,000), JYP (640,000), and YG (420,000).
BIG4 Entertainment core fandom distribution
Hybe: BTS (red), Sevetenteen (beige), TXT (grey), other (black)
SM: NCT (red), EXO (beige), Red Velvet (grey), other (black)
JYP: Stray Kids (red), ITZY (beige), other (black)
1. How do yo ueven calculate the core fandom? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [OP] If you refer to the article, on the 5th, IBK looked at ‘core fandom’ as an indicator to measure the sustainability of the spread of KPOP. Core fandom is a term that refers to a loyal fan base, such as constantly buying albums or going to concerts, and it can serve as a foundation for industry growth by securing a stable source of revenue for the agency. So it seems like they looked mainly at sales
3. Of course this is based on sales, money = core fandom. If you read the article, it seems pretty accurate
4. BlackPink are damn amazing
5. Is this all of NCT units together???!
6. YG is seriously all about BlackPink
7. How many years has EXO gone without any promotions as a group… but they’re still #2. This is amazing
8. Even without the companies as indicators, this ranking was pretty predictableㅋㅋㅋ Firs tof all, BTS and Seventeen’s ticketing power and album sales are pretty obviousㅋㅋㅋ
9. This was as expected
10. Wow Red Velvet are #3 in SM. They’re daebak for a group that’s 10 years into their debut