Source: Everyday Economy via Naver
1. [+379, -21] I don’t think he ever meant to frame abandoned dogs in a bad light. I think people are being too nitpicky with what he said. We need to be more understanding and considerate of each other’s words.
2. [+232, -8] Kim Heechul said what he said out of concern for the people adopting abandoned dogs for the first time and how it might be harder than expected. It’s wrong to nitpick at what he said just to hate on him. There are some abandoned dogs who need time to open up to new owners and it’s important that people know that before adopting them and abandoning them again. He meant that we should all be more thoughtful before adopting abandoned dogs so let’s please not push his words towards a negative context.
3. [+66, -10] Feels like people are twisting his words around…
4. [+47, -4] What he said is right…
5. [+18, -1] Feels like the ones hating him aren’t even pet owners themselves… People need to realize that even adoptions that you’ve thought over 10 times are still difficult to bring home and raise. Raising dogs isn’t a task for everyone.
6. [+12, -0] I related 100% to what he said when I watched the show!!! First time dog owners are usually people looking for something spontaneous and cute or because they’re lonely or their children want a pet. We need to all be more thoughtful with our decisions so that not one side gets hurt in the process. His words didn’t sound controversial to me at all, tsk tsk tsk.
7. [+7, -0] He’s not wrong… I think it’s wrong to expect him to sweeten his words up just to get people to adopt more abandoned dogs. People who are looking to adopt need to hear all sides before making that decision. I personally don’t recommend abandoned dogs to first time owners. They’re usually better suited for people who have experienced multiple dogs already. Once my current dog leaves me, I’m considering adopting an abandoned dog myself.
8. [+7, -0] Let’s please just not speak of a life without recognizing the responsibility that comes with it
9. [+6, -0] Kim Heechul has nothing to be ashamed of, his words were right