Source: News 1 via Nate
1. [+1,995, -104] Sigh, the least popular member of the group is ruining things for all of them… just leave the group already. Go focus on being a dad.
2. [+1,784, -64] It might just be a coincidence but I doubt it had no influence over the decision either. What CF company would want to use someone so irresponsible?
3. [+1,535, -95] It signifies that EXO is on its last legs. They’re getting older and Nature Republic has gotten all they wanted out of them.
4. [+106, -6] Thank goodness their contract was already expiring. Imagine if something happened mid-contract? They’d owe a ton in violation fees.
5. [+105, -7] Nature Republic’s main consumer base is teens and twenties. It’s better for them to contract with a younger model.
6. [+103, -7] How many current idol fans are willing to pay up and applaud their idol being lovey dovey with a wife ㅋㅋㅋ Poor Suho having to suffer through all this.
7. [+72, -2] He’ll probably end up leaving EXO and bringing his kid onto ‘Superman Returns’ soon like a certain someone
8. [+63, -1] No point in renewing the contracts when they have to serve in the army soon too
9. [+58, -4] EXO is going on the decline starting with Chen
10. [+57, -1] There are tons of cute kids, why use a father as your model? Their target consumer base is teens and twenties.
11. [+55, -5] Sigh, EXO’s popularity isn’t what it used to be but Chen went and threw mud all over it too tsk tsk
12. [+42, -1] Even if Chen’s scandal didn’t influence the decisions over the contracts, the fact that this is a headline at all means that Chen is negatively impacting the group already
Source: Everyday Econ via Naver
1. [+9,859, -848] Before you hate on the fans, please ask yourself why a fandom that went through three members leaving is now personally asking Chen to leave
2. [+7,578, -738] Fans aren’t turning around because of the simple matter of marriage. I hope Chen knows that. Chen was the first to turn his back on the fans and all their time spent together.
3. [+4,997, -444] Please don’t harm the team
4. [+4,443, -633] Stop harming the team and just leave. Just know that we’re not doing this because you’re getting married.
5. [+4,228, -632] I’ve been an EXO-L for 8 years. Please make Kim Jongdae leave the group. It’s what everyone wants.
6. [+2,212, -194] Us fans didn’t turn against you because you’re getting married but because you showed no sign of consideration to the group or the members. Others, however, think what you’re doing is cool and deserving of praise. They think that what we’re doing is immature and it makes me feel so bitter. Jongdae-ya, by taking responsibility for the person you love, you are also shifting responsibility onto the people who love you. We did not throw Chen away. Jongdae, you threw Chen away.
7. [+1,307, -76] People have no right to comment on this unless you’re actually a fan. I have no idea why people who didn’t even know if Chen was a Korean member or Chinese member before all of this hit the news are commenting on it like they know anything.
8. [+1,289, -151] If you read the petition, you can see why fans are mad… Anyone who still thinks “But he’s 29~ he can get married~~ fangirls are blah blah blah” are just proving that they were never a fan to begin with. So Chen, leave the group~
9. [+1,198, -59] Jongdae-ya, don’t you think it was too much for you to say “the plans are ruined” without even saying sorry? You knew what you were doing when you said that, right? You knew how angry that would make us, right?
10. [+1,024, -102] There is not one fan who turned their back because of the wedding itself. It’s because we’re all sick of Chen’s selfish actions and his lack of consideration for the team. We chose to stay quiet when he’s been acting sick in love since 2016. Did he think we would put up with him for that much longer?
11. [+919, -70] I can support his life as Kim Jongdae but I cannot support him as EXO’s Chen
12. [+861, -36] If people really think fans are simply angry because he’s getting married, many of them would’ve left him in 2016 ㅋㅋ
13. [+732, -37] I see all of the Jongdae supporters leaving comments like “let’s walk together” ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ but hello, Jongdae has his baby’s hand in his left and his wife’s hand in his right so he has no hand left to hold yours ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ “walk together” where? The only room left for you is to be trailing behind his back ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ
14. [+697, -57] The first person to throw away Chen was you, Kim Jongdae
15. [+616, -33] Fans are not demanding that he leave with an easy heart. As a fandom, we’ve suffered through three leaves already so SM needs to understand quickly why we’re asking him to leave and kick him out. I don’t even want to think of an EXO that includes Kim Jongdae anymore.