‘BTS Purple You’ … McDonald’s, sales increased 40.5% , exceeded expectations
According to Reuters on July 28, McDonald’s said it exceeded Wall Street’s global sales expectations despite the COVID19 pandemic affecting the whole world. McDonald’s claimed that this global sales increase was thanks to the global K-pop BTS.
McDonald’s Q2 2021 sales increased 40.5 percent, surpassing pre-pandemic sales in the second quarter of 2019. This beat Wall Street’s expectations as analysts predicted a 39.81 percent increase in sales.
Reuters said last year that McDonald’s successfully overcame the shutdown measures caused by the pandemic by opening up their drive-throughs along with competitive pricing, and concentration on key menus.
In particular, the BTS Menu, which was released in the U.S. along with 50 countries, helped boost McDonald’s sales.
McDonald’s explained, “The BTS menu lead people to visit our restaurant, and greatly increased the sales of Chicken McNuggets, one of the key menu items.”
The BTS menu was released in 50 countries and included 10-piece Chicken McNuggets®, medium World Famous Fries®, medium Coke®, and for the first time ever in the U.S., Sweet Chili, and Cajun dipping sauces. This limited-edition menu drew a big response from BTS fans globally. cr
original post: theqoo
1. This is crazy
2. When you see this, you can see that BTS is seriously popular all over the world.
3. I’m not a fan of BTS, but I watched the ‘BTS Meal’ review videos and everyone said the sauce was good so I’ll buy it
4. Crazy, I understand why McDonald’s uses BTS as a model
5. I’m not a fan of BTS, but I definitely eat it once a weekㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. This is why BTS is BTS. Seriously, the influence of BTS is amazing
7. Because of BTS, I ordered from McDonald’s and ate it after 3 years
8. Wow crazy, BTS proves anything by numbers
9. Don’t forget that it was not released in Japan and China where BTS has a lot of fansㅋㅋㅋㅋ
10. I’m not a fan either, but I ate it because I was curious