Source: Wikitree via Instagram
1. [+273] Information for you all: Faker only graduated up to junior high school (dropped out of high school) so he can’t serve active duty anyway
2. [+162] I don’t think they should serve
3. [+108] I’ll serve twice on behalf of Faker
4. [+105] I honestly think it’s the people who’ve already served who think everyone else should because it’s not fair. From my experience serving, not serving saves a lot of your time ㅋㅋㅋ If you don’t want to serve, start working on your talents that can be of help to the country too
5. [+178] Faker isn’t saying that pro-gamers deserve to be granted exemptions from the army. He’s simply saying that pro-gamers should be given the same treatment as other sports athletes. If other sports athletes get to earn exemptions for winning medals in the Olympics, then gamers should be able to get exemptions from winning tournaments too.
6. [+40] Athletes competing in the Olympics, Asian Games, World Cup, etc are all granted exemptions should they win #1 so e-sports players should be given the same perks
7. [+6] I guess the argument we need to first start with is whether gaming can be considered a sport or not
8. [+4] The Korean army is not going to fall apart just because Faker doesn’t serve. Same goes for BTS.
9. [+2] I’m just against the exemption system in general, regardless of whether you won a gold medal or not. Just get rid of it entirely instead of having to come up with new exemptions like this.