Source: OSEN via Nate
1. [+991, -61] Is the scriptwriter approaching her 50s? Does she not realize what the times are? She’s still stuck in the generation where stories like the cranky but rich male lead falls for the poor but passionate female lead were all the rage. She seems to be stuck in that mindset for the past 20 years. The girls who grew up watching those dramas are now independent women, but the scriptwriter refuses to grow up from her Cinderella stories.
2. [+921, -52] The leads don’t match, there’s nothing to focus on in this drama
3. [+638, -32] I had a lot of expectations but~~~ sigh, I won’t say more
4. [+91, -4] This makes me realize how amazing Song Joong Ki, Gong Yoo, and Lee Byung Hun were… because it’s clear that their acting was what carried their dramas, not Kim Eun Sook’s writing.
5. [+90, -5] Please look up other works by Kim Eun Sook’s supporting writers. They’re fresh and fun. I’m thinking that Kim Eun Sook’s dramas were successful partly due to her supporting writers.
6. [+81, -1] I’m getting tired of Kim Eun Sook’s play with words. Any fan of her drama will know that she’s basically recycling script she used in ‘Goblin’, ‘Descendants of the Sun’, and ‘The Heirs’. Her bubble has completely popped since her two supporting writers left her team. Especially writer Kwon Eun Sol… her absence is sorely felt because she was the one responsible for most of the writing involving playful bickering between the characters. To put it bluntly, I think Kim Eun Sook’s dramas have mostly been successful thanks to Kwon Eun Sol…
7. [+72, -1] Enough with the Cinderella stories… no man or woman wants those stories anymore ㅠㅠ
8. [+71, -7] People didn’t feel chemistry between Kim Go Eun and Gong Yoo, and now once again… she seems to constantly be under criticism for lacking chemistry with her male partners…
9. [+70, -2] The drama may as well be taken off air early
10. [+61, -3] Kim Eun Sook has not moved past her Cinderella stories… which makes me wonder how much of an influence her supporting writers had for ‘Mr. Sunshine’.
11. [+54, -0] Gong Yoo had so much of a presence in ‘Goblin’ that Kim Go Eun didn’t bother me as much.. but next to Lee Min Ho, she’s really bad, and obviously so. The two just don’t match at all.
12. [+50, -2] Wow, no chemistry at all in a kiss scene… is this drama really by Kim Eun Sook?
13. [+47, -2] The screencaps alone are making me cringe ㅜ