Source: Asia Econ via Nate
1. [+3,346, -21] A true flex is working to earn money so you can buy what you want. Demanding your parents to buy you something when you haven’t done anything yourself makes you nothing but a back breaker.
2. [+2,668, -23] “5 out of 10 teens have bought luxury goods” that’s so funny ㅋㅋ I doubt they “bought” anything since it wasn’t with their own money. You mean your parents have bought it… sigh…
3. [+2,033, -19] To ‘flex’ means to show off your own achievements. It’s sad that we as adults are allowing our teens to grow up thinking that showing off material things on SNS without earning any of it yourself is something to aspire to. It’s uneducated. Who can we blame but the adults?
4. [+113, -2] Educate your children! There are so many people who are so blind to self awareness.
5. [+105, -1] Wouldn’t a true flex be “mom, buy me Gucci” – “I will if you get in the top 5” and then getting into the top 5?
6. [+97, -1] Korean kids would shut up if they had to work like American teens
7. [+75, -1] Fools, your parents aren’t ATMs. You can dress head to toe in luxury goods, it doesn’t mean you look luxurious.
8. [+66, -1] Aren’t good grades enough of a flex?
1. [+1,172, -39] Teens, wearing luxury goods is not a flex. Getting good grades and showing off your intelligence is a flex~ You have youthful skin, unending stamina, and fit physiques to boast, why care about anything else? Ah, I sound like a boomer ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
2. [+1,108, -24] Both the kids asking for this stuff and the parents buying it for them aren’t sane… where did you even learn such bad things?
3. [+779, -9] To all of you teens, it doesn’t matter how expensive what you’re wearing is, it all just looks like knock-offs from the basement stores. Dress according to your age.
4. [+394, -8] Go memorize one more English vocabulary in the time you’re worrying about this stuff. You might think I’m a boomer but the biggest flex there is is making your own money, so focus on your studies now so you can make money later.
5. [+76, -0] With rappers on TV going Gucci Gucci Rolex Rolex, flex this, flex that, YouTubers showing off hauls worth thousands like it’s nothing… kids are all watching that and changing accordingly, tsk.
6. [+50, -3] If you study hard and become a doctor or a lawyer, Gucci won’t even be considered a flex anymore. If you get into luxury goods at a young age, you’ll live your life in your forties without your own home.