Source: Wikitree via Instagram
1. [+411] This is what happens when you raise a generation to see the sacrifices that their parents had to make just to have and raise them. The new generation places a lot of importance on personal time and development so no wonder they don’t want marriage or kids.
2. [+308] I’m in my forties and still can’t see a future ahead of me… I don’t think I could even think about marriage or kids in my twenties…
3. [+295] Even if I want children, there are still so many jobs with no systems in place for pregnant women. A lot of people give up on kids because of that.
4. [+170] Marriage is not a requirement these days but a choice
5. [+160] I’m married and I think the biggest reason people are afraid of this stuff is because of finances. The biggest fights between married couples is about money. Sure, you may make enough to live through another day, but you have to think about saving for the future and for a house of your own one day, which is impossible with how house prices are constantly skyrocketing. It’s all money, money, money.
6. [+30] If you don’t think you can do it, sometimes it’s best to just not do it
7. [+17] It’s not that I don’t want to, I just can’t.. 😕
8. [+32] It’s not only money, either. I’ve studied so hard all my life, I don’t want to waste an equal amount of that time on raising a kid too.
9. [+11] It’s your life in the end. You have to choose in a way that makes you happy.
10. [+7] Even though I’m married, I get it. We don’t live in a world where getting married and having kids brings you any more benefits than in the past.
1. [+782, -33] Children these days seem very smart and realistic
2. [+402, -4] Being lonely by yourself may be a more realistic option than being miserable together…
3. [+318, -6] Imagine how sh*tty life is right now for so many to think like this.
4. [+156, -8] Marriage is crazy. Just work on yourself and live on your own.
5. [+57, -0] I just don’t think I can do it.. I’m barely making ends meet on my own.. I’m worried about money over every single meal.. fruits are a luxury, rent is so expensive ㅜㅜ