Four LOONA members have reportedly won their lawsuits against their agency BlockBerryCreative.
On January 13, it was reported that for the injunctions requesting to suspend validity of their exclusive contracts, as filed against BlockBerryCreative by nine LOONA members (HeeJin, HaSeul, YeoJin, Kim Lip, JinSoul, Choerry, Yves, Go Won, Olivia Hye), the Seoul Northern District Court Civil Division 1 determined that four members had won their lawsuits, while five had lost.
The four members reported to have won their lawsuits are HeeJin, Kim Lip, JinSoul, and Choerry, whose exclusive contracts with BlockBerryCreative have now been terminated. However, it’s said that HaSeul, YeoJin, Yves, Go Won, and Olivia Hye’s contracts underwent provisions in the past and must be carried out as is.
In response to these reports, BlockBerryCreative commented, “We are currently looking into this. We plan to share a statement later on.”
Back in November, it was reported that nine members of LOONA (HeeJin, HaSeul, YeoJin, Kim Lip, JinSoul, Choerry, Yves, Go Won, and Olivia Hye), excluding Chuu (who was removed from the group in November), HyunJin, and Vivi, had filed injunctions to suspend their contracts with BlockBerryCreative. However, the agency claimed that these reports were not true.
Last month, BlockBerryCreative confirmed that LOONA would make their first 11-member comeback in January following Chuu’s removal. A few weeks later, BlockBerry Creative announced that their album release has been indefinitely postponed.
1. At this point, just send the kids away. The kids wanted to terminate their contracts so do they really think that they can make them promote? Will the people really support them if the company forced them to promote? What kind of company would manage their idols in such a foolish way? Nowadays, Do they think that in today’s world, CEOs can just exploit their artists after seeing what happened to Lee Seunggi…??? Even Lee Seunggi eventually got paid in the end. Even if they are stealing money right now, they will have to repay it eventually. They should just close down their business and send the kids away if they still have any ounce of shame left…
2. ㅠㅠ Their company should just send them all away, f*ck
3. Ha… this breaks my heart… So a portion of them lost the case?… This is ridiculous… I hope that all of them can find freedom soon. I’ll support the members until the end
4. It’s such a shame that part of the members lost their caseㅠㅠ
5. How long is their contract time?ㅠ
6. Wow it must’ve been hard to win the lawsuit so just imagine how bad the conditions were… LOONA, fighting…ㅜㅜ
7. What are the remaining members gonna do?ㅠㅠㅠ I hope that they can get out as soon as possible
8. Ha… please let them goㅠㅠㅠㅠ
9. I wonder if the members who lost the case had a short training period? Does that matter?ㅠ Seriously, why did they lose teh case?
10. Seriously, let’s give the remaining members a safe goodbye too ㅠㅠ