Source: Kyunghyang News via Nate
1. [+1,144, -8] The variety show producers just aren’t any talented at coming up with anything new. All the shows are always about celebrity families. Nothing meaningful.
2. [+856, -13] Scriptwriters stage everything for celebrities to act to like robots, and viewers actually find that funny. What I find uncomfortable is that people really seem to think that this is how celebrities are…
3. [+768, -7] Shows that follow celebrity lives around are boring, I don’t watch them
4. [+32, -0] Really, when you turn on the TV, all the shows are nothing but celebrities going on vacation or raising their kids or featuring their families ㅋㅋㅋ Celebrities are the ones profiting off of all of this since they get to have fun while making money ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+29, -2] We need more knowledgeable shows like ‘Sponge’ and ‘Vitamin’. Whenever I turn on the TV, it’s just celebrity families yapping the entire time. I haven’t watched TV in a while because I’m tired of it..
6. [+24, -0] Looks liek everyone agrees~ I just don’t relate to TV shows about filming celebrity families and observing them.. It’s just.. not necessary??
7. [+23, -0] Producers who come up with fresh ideas need to be given better incentives and treatment but they’re treated worse than someone who chose to network with the right people instead. That’s why we never get any new ideas. There needs to be competition in the market but everyone just sticks to what guarantees the viewer ratings.
8. [+22, -0] Tired of shows about observing celebrities
9. [+12, -0] I didn’t enjoy shows like ‘National Geogprahic’ and ‘Animal Kingdom’ when I was younger but I’m more into them now as an adult
10. [+11, -0] I think 2016-2020 has been a dark time for the variety shows. Yes, it’s due to people being triggered a lot more but I also think YouTube plays a part in it as well. People are more used to shorter, simpler content. People are more drawn to 10 minute bites of content than drawn out variety shows.
11. [+10, -0] There just aren’t any more decent variety ideas. There’s a reason shorter formats are doing better these days.
12. [+9, -0] It’s all about watching others doing fun things… watching others eat delicious food, do fun things, go on vacation, date, get married… feels like we’re all trying to live vicariously through celebrities in a world that’s so much tougher for ourselves. Instead of watching these shows, just go out and eat delicious things and take your family on vacations. Much better for you.