Source: Yonhap News
Jennie, Lisa, Rosé, and Jisoo are all leaving their agency YG.
On the 29th, YG Entertainment announced, “We have agreed not to proceed with separate additional contracts for individual activities. We will do our best to support Blackpink activities. We will support members’ individual activities with a warm heart.”
YG previously announced that they had signed exclusive contracts with all four members of the group. At the time, Yang Hyun Suk stated, “We are happy to continue our relationship with Blackpink. We will do our best to help Blackpink shine even brighter in the global music market in the future.”
However, there have been speculations in the music industry that it’ll be difficult for YG to sign individual exclusive contracts as the 4 members have emerged as ‘world stars.’
YG maintained their position that they’re “negotiating” when asked about their solo contracts but today, they made the breakup official.
Blackpink is expected to carry our individual and team activities in parallel like other senior K-pop groups such as EXO and Super Junior by sticking together during team activities even through they’re signed under different agencies.
Jennie recently announced on SNS that she had established a personal label ‘ODD ATELIER.’
- [+251, -39] We’re going to see mostly individual activities nowㅊㅊㅊㅊ
- [+225, -226] They’ll be disbanding soon
- [+192, -18] After the article came out, foreign and domestic fans were excited, it’s only the general public that are not happy and posting comments claiming this is a disbandment..ㅋㅋㅋㅋridiculous
- [+187, -262] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋthis is a disbandmentㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ they insisted it wasn’t like that and are just acting cool nowㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 이Blackpink is over.. they disbandedㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Probably threatened them using their agency name to sign group contracts tooㅋㅋㅋ Just look at how YG hit GD when he didn’t re-sign so of course they did whatever they could to grab Blackpinkㅋㅋㅋ 이We’ll be getting disbandment news in 2 yearsㅋㅋ
- [+180, -193] This is actually a disbandment…
- [+177, -12] Look at how they’ve already rigged the rankings to murky thingsㅋㅋ No.. fans are in a festival mood right now, why are non-fans making such an uproar?
- [+170, -165] Fans are all hoping this won’t hinder their group schedules but that won’t be easy. If that was the case, every idol would be doing this with their agencies? It’s easy to put in efforts on your solo schedules and give on the group. It’s going to be hard to keep track of their schedules and they start to grow apart each person’s interests will change too.
- [+168, -20] I think this is for the best. They all worked hard as a solo artist and their fandom grew bigger and gathered synergy to make the group successful. The support for their solos exploded fast too so they did well. Since they continued their group contract I hope they can make a comeback at least once a year and tour. It’s been a year already since their last comeback.
- [+74, -11] Has anyone seen idol groups that split up do group schedules?? They’re just not calling it a disbandmentㅋㅋ Girls Generation.. FinKL… they didn’t disband eitherㅋ
- [+42, -1] This is supposed to be a moment of happiness for fans but it’s clear this is disbandment. If everyone has their own jobs and work for different companies, it’s actually hard to take a break from their daily schedule. Recent articles about their contract renewals for all the members were just aimed at keeping the stock prices from tumbling to zero.
- [+40, -11] ㅋㅋㅋ But last time articles about Blackpink contract renewal came out they said it would be stupid of them not to renewㅋㅋㅋㅋbasically congratulated them on the renewal and got all excited but now that it’s official they didn’t renew it’s a celebration because they escaped YG dungeon? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
- [+38, -4] From the beginning Blackpink members never showed any interest in group schedules or doing music anyway like BTSㅋㅋ
- [+25, -0] This is in fact a disbandment ㅋㅋ. There are many cases where groups end up disbanding after they’ve lost popularity or gone bankrupt so this is just insurance. They’re not saying it’s a ‘disbandment’ just that everyone is working separately ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ it’s a scam
- [+21, -0] Somehow Lisa has yet to show any remorse for her p*rn strip tease..