Source: Kukmin Ilbo via Naver
Jackson showed his support for Xinjiang cotton causing Shinsegye, the mall he models for, to remove his picture from their Instagram. Chinese netizens are now flooding the brand for unfair treatment of the star.
1. [+2,577, -4] Can the Chinese please stop trying so hard to become celebrities and please take your nationalism back to your country and go be celebrities there
2. [+721, -9] If you’re in a foreign country to make your money, please stay quiet during your duration there. Go talk about your Xinjiang cotton back in your own country. The entire world is boycotting it so why are you acting like this in our country?
3. [+658, -10] Did the Chinese netizens forget all they did to Lee Hyori for nicknaming herself Mao? And now they’re accusing us of unfair treatment against Jackson just for taking down his picture because he supports the forced slavery of Uyghurs? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+599, -4] I no longer want Chinese celebrities working in Korea
5. [+276, -6] So why in the world did you hire a Chinese
6. [+95, -2] Wow… he posted in support of China during the Hong Kong protests too… If his contract with JYP is over, he should go to China and never come back. I cannot stand seeing anyone who supports a country that violates the human rights of other countries like Myanmar anymore.
7. [+89, -0] No more Chinese idols when making idol groups. They’re all causing scandals and backstabbing their companies. Do they not realize what making such political statements as a public figure will cause?
8. [+75, -0] Please just kick out all Chinese celebrities from our country. China has been blocking all Korean stars with THAAD and anti-Hallyu movements, what are we doing using Chinese celebrities for? There are tons of Korean trainees with pretty faces and enough talent.
9. [+35, -0] Didn’t they take down Lisa’s photoshoot too? ㅋㅋㅋ So it’s okay if they do it but not okay if we do it? ㅋㅋㅋ All the Chinese celebrities in our country better screw off, and take your trainees with you
10. [+32, -0] I thank the heavens that BTS and Black Pink do not have Chinese members..